What is your trusted brand for your food storage needs? Frigidaire, with its Frigidaire freezer and refrigerator as main products, is the world’s most popular brand among consumer and commercial appliances. Most of the households own a freezer from Frigidaire. The company brand was so popular that a lot of people call any refrigerator, regardless of the brand, a ‘Frigidaire’. It was also believed that its earlier name, Fridgerator, originated the slang term ‘fridge’. Aside from freezers and refrigerators, Frigidaire claims the creation of room air conditioner, 30-degree electric range and coordinated colors for home appliances.
History of Frigidaire
The company was established as its original name, Guardian Fridgerator Company, in Indiana where they develop their first self-contained refrigerator in 1916. A couple of years after, the founder of General Motors invested in the company, and later adapted Frigidaire as the name of the company. After succeeding years, the company becomes an independent division of General Motors, and eventually sold to the White Sewing Machine Company in 1979 and to Electrolux in 1986. During its time with General Motors, Frigidaire’s logo features a phrase, ‘Product of General Motors’, which was later renamed as ‘Home Environment Division of General Motors’.
This appliance company makes various classic types of refrigerators and freezers for commercial and household use. The main classic models of Frigidaire freezer include;
- Frigidaire air freezer
- Frigidaire chest freezer
- Frigidaire convertible freezer
- Frigidaire upright freezer
Points to Consider When Purchasing Frigidaire Freezers
Frigidaire has a long history of creating reliable and high quality appliances in the market. Despite of the tight competition of other high-end brands in the market like Viking, Wolf or SubZero, Frigidaire is still the most reliable company brand that every household is proud to have in their kitchen. However, consumers should consider some points before purchasing any Frigidaire appliance.
- Two main Frigidaire lines. There are various models of Frigidaire freezer available for customers to choose from. Two of the most popular models include the Professional line and the Gallery line. The Professional line is a preferred choice of fine dining and restaurants, while the Gallery line is preferred for personal use.
- Style of the freezer. The style is another element to consider when planning on purchasing a freezer from Frigidaire. The company is known to produce a wide variety of freezer styles, from classic to more modern options. When planning to purchase a freezer, think of the style that will match on the place where it will be placed. Basically, minute and petite styles of freezers made by Frigidaire are often used as a personal and household appliance, while large scales of Frigidaire freezers are used for business purposes. Also, consider the parts of the freezer as well. Each of the freezer type has its own Frigidaire freezer parts and its own functionalities.
- Size of the freezer. This is the most important factor to consider when purchasing a freezer. Basically, the sizes are often measured in inches and in cubic feet. The inches providing the details on the width, depth and height of the freezer will tell consumers on how much floor space might be required to consume when purchasing the chosen size of the freezer. On the other hand, the cubic feet will specify how much internal space the freezer has in storing food and other goods.
Basically, these are the things you need to know about freezers and refrigerators. Study your options well. All in all, Frigidaire freezer continues to be the most reliable product that is patronized by almost all consumers from different parts of the globe. For a change, you may check out the compact freezer online.